Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Extracardiac Compression of Right Atrium by Hepatic Cysts in ADPKD



What is the impact of growing hepatic cysts in patient with polycystic kidney disease? We reported a rare complication - the cysts have caused extracardiac compression of right atrium resulting in impaired filling. Patient is at risk of refractory hypotension in the presence of significantly impaired right ventricular filling. Beside this, hepatic cysts burden has been reported to cause inferior vena cava compression, hepatic venous outflow obstruction and portal hypertension. Therapeutic options for symptomatic patients include cyst aspiration and sclerotherapy, cyst fenestration, transcatheter arterial embolization, or surgical intervention including cyst resection and liver transplantation.

Full Text:
KG Lee, SH Teo, H John, KWQ Guo, JL Kwek. Extracardiac compression of right atrium by hepatic cysts in a patient with polycystic kidney disease. Kidney International 2016; 90:230.

If you're interested in updates in ADPKD, a position statement by European ADPKD Forum can be read here.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think this is an excellent site. I stumbledupon it ;
) I am going to come back yet again since i have book-marked it.
Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and
continue to guide others.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am truly
happy to read all at alone place.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to go to see this site and reading the views
of all colleagues concerning this piece of writing, while I am also keen of getting know-how.

Anonymous said...

This web site is my intake, very wonderful pattern and Perfect subject matter.

Anonymous said...

I really like it when individuals get together and share views.

Great blog, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I would like to subscribe for this blog
to obtain most recent updates, therefore where can i do it please help out.

Darrenmagic said...

Hi anonymous,
Yes sure, feel free to click on the "follow" on the right upper corner of the page. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you a lot for providing individuals with an extraordinarily remarkable
chance to discover important secrets from this site. It's always very
cool and as well , jam-packed with a great time for me and
my office colleagues to search your blog at least thrice
every week to study the newest things you have. And lastly, I'm so always amazed for
the awesome tricks you give. Some 2 tips in this article are unquestionably the best we have ever had.

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are
a collection of volunteers and starting a new project in a community
in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

I was more than happy to uncover this website.
I need to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!!
I definitely really liked every bit of it and I have you book marked to see
new things in your web site.

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of the challenges.

It was truly informative. Your website is useful. Thank
you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hello there, You have done an incredible job. I'll certainly digg it and for my
part recommend to my friends. I'm confident they
will be benefited from this site.

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate to this brilliant
blog! I guess for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.

I look forward to new updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.
Talk soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails