Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Best Birthday Gift



I was fortunate enough to come across Charity Water - an organization aiming to bring clean, safe water to people in developing nations by building wells. I saw this in Nov 10, and I can still remember the impact I've got from the concept. It inspires me to do something, and without further thought, I started my own campaign.

I first wrote a post introducing the Charity Water, and started telling friends and sending messages in Facebook. I was telling people that my birthday wish this year is not for more gifts I don't need; it's to give clean and safe drinking water to some of the billion living without it. I want to make my birthday matter this year. The response that I received was encouraging. I have support from family members, friends, working colleagues and from some people that I've not even met. For this, I'm truly grateful.

So I had my birthday yesterday, and guess what, the campaign goal was achieved!

The campaign's goal was set at raising USD1000 and I'm very very glad that we've made it. The chart shows where will the fund go to. I know that the fund raised may only help a small group of people, but I think this is a good start, and we have at least done something - which I believe will make changes to their lives.

To me, this is just the best birthday gift, ever. A big, big thanks to everyone! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails