Thursday, October 21, 2010

Patch Adams is Coming to KL!

No not Robin Williams. I mean the "real" Patch Adams.

Read this from MMR - that he's coming to KL on 26th Nov.

But 26th Nov is a Friday...why?! Too bad I'm just gonna miss this opportunity...my annual leaves are finished! I think it'll be great to see him in person, and share his concept of "joy and laughter are an integral part of healing process"...just like magic? XD

But I also found out something interesting in Wikipedia - that he actually doesn't like the movie "Patch Adams" so much. According to Wiki -

"Adams has criticized the film made about him, saying it sacrificed a lot of his message in order to make a movie that would sell. He said that out of all aspects of his life and activism, the film portrayed him merely as a funny doctor. Patch Adams also said of Robin Williams in an interview 'He made 21 million dollars for four months of pretending to be me, in a very simplistic version, and did not give $10 to my free hospital. Patch Adams, the person, would have, if I had Robin's money, given all 21 million dollars to a free hospital in a country where 80 million cannot get care.'"

Well, I didn't know that!

3 comments:

叶子 said...

Thank you for the news! Great!!

Anonymous said...

hi doc,
i've been following your blog for a while and its quite interesting to read.
if u got time,would u like to blog about PEF and FEV in bronchial athma sometimes

thanks

Dee

Charles said...

Hi Darren,

Greetings from Exabytes.

We would like to invite you to join our Angel Programme.
All you need to do is just to place our banner in your blog,
you are on the way to earn up to RM1180.
On top of that, you will be given RM50 bonus upon sign up.

You may visit this link for further details on our Angel Programme:

http://exabytes.com.my/partners/angel/

========================
-Charles-

Exabytes.com.my
Leading web hosting company in Malaysia.

Related Posts with Thumbnails