Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Interesting Chest Xray (6)

Believe me, this is a good one for learning. I'm currently doing my Respiratory rotation, and came across this CXR in the chest clinic. It's of a patient with Miliary Tuberculosis and TB of lumbar spine. During the last follow-up there's a new shadow noted near the right heart border, suspicious-looking. He was proceeded with a CT Thorax.

CT scan showed no significant hilar or mediastinal lymph node enlargement.
So what do you think is the shadow?

It's actually multi-level multi-loculated paraspinal abscesses at the thoracic spine! The heart is slightly left to the midline hence exposing a part of the abscess. Tricky?


Related posts:
Interesting Chest Xray (5)
Interesting Chest Xray (4), (3), (2), (1)

8 comments:

Ng said...

would be nice to get a clearer CXR view. ! haha.
BTW, is the pt sabahan or sarawakian ?

Darren Lee said...

Ng: Nope..why would you think so? Any other findings on the CXR?

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Great post as for me. It would be great to read more concerning this theme. Thanks for giving this info.

Anonymous said...

Today is my lucky day :)
Apple is giving review copies of iPad to 100 lucky person. Go to http://bit.ly/cmmVr7 and apply for it.

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net

Anonymous said...

I really like your post. Will continue reading your blog. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails