Saturday, December 13, 2008

Magician's Getting Tricked?

Saw this young man in ER. Suspected to have Dengue fever due to the abnormal FBC result.

Me: "Hi, how many days have you been having the fever?"
Pt: "Day 3 of fever."
Me: "Ok...did you notice any bleeding from gum?"
Pt: "No, no bleeding tendency. Actually, you can ask me in medical terms. I'm a medical student."
Me: "Oh great! Sure. You having any SOB?"
Pt: "Pardon? S.O. what?"
Me: "Oh sorry...I mean any shortness of breath."
Pt: "No no...I don't."
Me: "How are you feeling actually?"
Pt: "I only have a bit of dyspnea."
Me: "......(suddenly dunno how to continue)"

No shortness of breath but has a bit of dyspnea?
Hmm.
Oh maybe he's trying to trick me whether I know the meaning of dyspnea! Hehe.

(Shinyin, you have a cute junior!^^)

13 comments:

Michelle Mak said...

really medicine student?
or just wanna purposely trick u?
lol...

cute la this person...
:P
but wait..
i know someone cuter..
u know who??

Darren Lee said...

Mich: Who oh? You isit? XD

Michelle Mak said...

oh me is for sure...
someone also cute..and definitely cuter than me...
hahah
she is ur mrs lor...
LOL

like dat also can miss out...aiksss... XP

Zzzyun said...

haha..this 1 is funny!!

maybe he really wants to trick u lah..

- yuhhui - said...

LOL!! Funny..

Joo Joo said...

hehe..funny

peanut said...

after shinyin read this the next day she goes and ragging all her juniors later.. LOL

J2Kfm said...

or he could be in shock ...
assuming SOB stands for THE other SOB. =P

thus dyspnea seems to picture his condition better.

confessions of a medical student said...

you HAVE to tell me who this person is weh... i don't rag juniors... but there's always a first time =P (kidding)

LZ said...

Oh?

I never know dyspnea=shortness of breath too. I always thought dyspnea=painful breathing only.

Now I know. ;)

Yong Chuan said...

Interesting post. Very funny as well. Anyway, a very informative blog, keep up the good work.

Darren Lee said...

Yong Chuan: Thanks!=)

Michelle Mak said...

haha i saw someone talked to someone just now vr vr the long.............

i wonder who ah??? XP

Related Posts with Thumbnails