Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Goodbye, Old Friend

He's gone.

My good old friend who has accompanied me since my first year as a medical student...a good 7 years of friendship.

He has never failed to be my best working partner...and I've always tried my best to maintain it at good condition. I dare to say that its function is still as good as new!

But I was shocked that he gave up yesterday. After a while of thinking, I think I found out the precipitating factor. It's all due to the stupid missing tendon hammer in the casualty la! It has been missing for the past few weeks and made me having to use my stethoscope to elicit the reflexes! See now what happened to the diaphragm! Gosh...I can't believe that I indirectly (or maybe directly) caused harm to it...sigh. But it's just too late.

Nevertheless, probably it's a sign to me for system upgrading.

Hey Yew, I think I'm definitely joining the club already la! ;)

11 comments:

Zzzyun said...

alamak, why use stethoscope as tendon hammer pulak?

no wonder rosak d, ur fren.. :( plus stethoscope cost much more than tendon hammer.

i think Ligment's is having a promotion now. if u give in ur old stethoscope, can get some discount when u buy ur new one..

Michelle Mak said...

wah...
apa sudah jadi?
tendon hammer rm48 only ler..
but hor i curious how u use stethoscope as tendon hammer..which part u use to ketuk? LOL

shawn, the Boleh-man said...

hey, just buy the rubber ring and the diaphragm (accessories). it cost only rm30 at PPUM.
because i got similar problem last time too. not need to upgrade, save money for more economy crisis soon!

cheers

confessions of a medical student said...

haha!! i also occasionally, secretly use my stethoscope as a tendon hammer when i forget to bring the tendon hammer along... (though my consultants might shout at me if they see me doing that) will think twice the next time before i do that..

btw, you can actually purchase the diaphragm alone, without getting a new stethoscope.. i know Unipress (near HUKM) got sell..

Darren Lee said...

Shawn & shinyin: Aiya...I thought I have found myself an excuse to upgrade! HeheheheXD
Hmm still can't make up my mind whether to get new one...

Michelle Mak said...

u buy the cheap one hor??
cause last time when my ex lost his one i help him buy from kamal mar...ask me whether want cheap one or good one...good one rm48..cheap one i forgot the price d...

Darren Lee said...

mich: "You buy the cheap one hor?"

Darren: "......"

How you wan me to answer oh?
Hmm let me think..ya i think i bought the rm48 one hehehehehXD

Tiffany said...

I think according to that brand's seller all got warranty and maintenance one. We had a talk by the seller on how to take care and pamper our stethoscope. -_- Maybe u can check it out if you don't want to part with it.

joan said...

i also still using my same stethoscope from year one medical student. seriously i think it's a very good one. but the rim also started to come out but luckily still can stuck it back in. haha. :D hope can still accompany me for another few more years. darren, buy a new one lah, n buy the cardio one. u'll need it in future.

Darren Lee said...

Joan: Yeah got more support..so i'll get a new one la=p

tw said...

hehe, tempted to join the club le!

but if u just buy the diaphragm for replacement, cheap nia!

Related Posts with Thumbnails