Friday, August 15, 2008

What a GREAT Day!

As I said, good or bad things, they just happen. Anytime, no signs, and most of the time when you least expected it.

I had another "special visit" again today. My hospital director suddenly came down to emergency department, wanted to see me and my department head. Apparently it's regarding the incident which the "VIP" was managed here few days back.

She looked serious. She asked to trace back the ticket, looked through it slowly. I was just having kinda rapid heart rate, wondering what's going on.

She looked at me, "Dr Lee, were you the medical officer who attended him?"

"Yes." (swallowed saliva)

"In fact, Dato has personally contacted our director-general (Health ministry DG) regarding this, and DG just called me this morning."

"(OMG, is it something good or bad?) I see..may I know is there any issue with this?"

My director raised her eyebrows, "OF COURSE there's an issue. If not I won't purposely come down and see you right?"

"(Heart rate increased to 180 again) Issue?"

"He wants to say congratulations to you. Dato's very satisfied with the management here, he said thank you, and he's impressed with the efficiency here," Finally she smiles and shakes my hand, "Good job."

I think no one can really imagine how relieved I was. And also my department head. He should be quite palpitative too.

The whole team found this very encouraging and was happy with it. I think my boss is the happiest, he has been smiling the whole day. Then he asked me, "Hey Lee, well done. I think you just stay in the department la, forget about medical.." I was like, "Errr..hmm haha. I'll see..maybe..." But seriously it's becoming difficult to decide, since emergency medicine just seems quite as interesting as medicine. See how la.

But anyway, this is really my "kembang" day la. Happy. Yay=)

13 comments:

s i n g said...

wow! happy for you wor.. :)

p/s:saw her today, no wonder she's like in a very good mood la. Smiling all the way..haha

宏轩 said...

congratz!!!!!!!

Zzzyun said...

wow tats great! i think approval is one of the best things a dr can get right?

mich said...

good job!
pat on dr lee..

Darren said...

Thanks everyone!! *head continues to swell* hohoho
I'll work even harder=)

cc said...

That's great to hear! It's always good to get your work recognized and appreciated. Good job indeed! :)

Liam said...

so now you are keen to further in there?
well done man

Kiwi-Bird said...

继续加油!!! :D

Darren said...

liam: Thnx..1st time u're leaving comment here=)
My current plan so far is still to go for medicine, but probably won't do it in taiping la. I have a feeling that it's almost time for me to go back my hometown KL;)

BeverLy's Secret said...

Congratulations!!!! :D

JunJun-Riko said...

fuh... kembang edi.... *take needle n poke* XDXD

shinyin_jocelyn said...

congratulations!! ^^

Yew TW said...

kembang sikit sikit is healthy! good job man!

Related Posts with Thumbnails